Thursday, February 18, 2016

Apples of Gold

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." Proverbs 25:11

Have you ever taken stock of the words you speak? It is sat to say that most of us do not. This verse talks about words that are "fitly spoken". Do we think about our words before we say them?

David prayed in Psalm 141:3, "Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips." Let's follow David's example and as we ask for God's help to keep our words here are six things to ask ourselves.

A - Are my words ACCEPTABLE?
" Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14

P - Are my words PLEASANT?
"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24

P - Are my words PURE?
"All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing forward or perverse in them." Proverbs 8:8

L - Are my words LOVELY?
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom: and in her tongue is the law of kindness." Proverbs 31:26

E - Are my words EDIFYING?
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

S Are my words SOFT?
"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." Proverbs 15:1

No comments:

Post a Comment