Friday, December 31, 2021

Homeschool Resolutions

 

I am not one to set new year resolutions, but I do believe we should stop and seek the Lord’s direction in all matters of life, and this includes homeschooling. As we continue this homeschool year, into the new year, I want to remind you that God calls us as Christian parents to train up our children (Proverbs 22:6) and to teach them diligently (Deuteronomy 6:6-9) so that they will know Him, love Him, and follow Him in every area of life. So, as we go into 2022, I would like to share three areas in which I purpose to lead my children as we continue to live this life to bring honor and glory to Christ.

First, I purpose to use a curriculum that is centered on Christ. Why? Scripture tells us to cast down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). While I want my children to do well in their educational pursuits, I want to measure their success by God’s standards and not the world. Everything that passes through their mind needs to be filtered by the Word of God. We must remember, math is a thought, science is a thought, grammar is a thought; and every subject we teach should be brought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

Second, I purpose to use healthy habits that are centered on Christ. Why? Scripture tells us to present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service (Romans 12:1). I want to get physically active with my children and continue to teach my children to choose healthy food options that will be better for their bodies, so our healthy bodies will be equipped for service.

Third, I purpose to seek godly wisdom. Why? Scripture tells us wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding (Proverbs 4:7). Homeschooling can be hard and sometimes we need wisdom from others who have been there and done that. So, I encourage you to join me and attend a convention for homeschool moms, the Summer Summit, where speakers use biblical truths to encourage homeschool moms to live out God’s calling and stay the course.

As we go into the year 2022, I know we will finish another successful homeschool year if our home and school is centered on Christ. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13) and this includes homeschooling!


1 comment: