Sunday, March 5, 2017

Game Night

When I was growing up we always played board games and I still enjoy playing them with my kids. My favorite game is Scrabble, I love word games; but a family favorite is Monopoly.


Several games have been around for years now, and after thinking about their names, I thought we could learn a little about the choices we make in our lives.


Monopoly
What monopolizes your time? What is monopolizing your thoughts?


Philippians 4:8 reads "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."


Twister
Are you twisted up in sin? Sin has a way of entangling you. You cannot serve two masters.


Matthew 6:24 reads "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."


Sorry
Do you forgive others?


Colossians 3:13 reads "Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do you."


Chutes and Ladders
Are you climbing higher in your Christian life or are you sliding down? Are you growing and moving forward?


Philippians 3:13-14 reads "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press towards the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."


So, how are you playing the game of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment