Proverbs 31:13 - She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
There are two descriptions of the virtuous woman in verse 13.
1. The woman in this passage seeks for wool and flax. Why wool? Because of winter time. It was very cold in the winter. Why flax? Because of the summer time. It was very hot in the summer. Wool was used in the winter and flax was used in the summer.
2. The woman in this passage willingly works with her hands and she does her work with a good attitude. God doesn't want the work that stems from a bad attitude or a begrudging heart. He wants the self-sacrificial, I do this because I love you work.
How do we get this kind of willingness?
- Pray and ask God to give you a willing attitude all day long.
- Do your work as unto the Lord. Colossians 3:23-And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.
- Change your perspective. Each mundane chore you complete for your family is a labor of love. As you cook dinner, fold the laundry, and clean the house - remember that these small tasks all added together equal a well nurtured home and family. Without one word, your willingness to work will speak volumes to your husband and children. Resolve to be a virtuous woman.