Friday, April 22, 2022

Celebrate Your Homeschool Graduate

 

Homeschooling through high school is a great accomplishment; and what better way to celebrate than with a graduation! A high school graduation is worth celebrating with pomp and circumstance! I have graduated two homeschoolers, one with a formal graduation with her co-op class, and the other one a little less formal with her church family. But, with each graduation, everything was done decently and in order. Here is the checklist I used to create a memorable graduation.

BEFORE GRADUATION

[] Decide on location and set a date and time.

[] Schedule a senior photoshoot.

[] Create and order graduation announcements.

[] Order cap, gown, and diploma at www.homeschooldiploma.com.

[] Mail graduation announcements.

[] Order graduation dessert plates, cups, napkins, beverages, and decorating supplies.

[] Order graduation cake.

[] Create a slideshow to share before presenting diploma.

[] Decide who will speak at the graduation ceremony.

[] Prepare a Senior table to showcase talents/hobbies/interests and college admissions.

[] Prepare a photo booth for selfies!

GRADUATION DAY

[] Pick up cake.

[] Set up food and beverages.

GRADUATION CEREMONY

[] Graduates walk in to “Pomp and Circumstance” as usual.

[] Speaker welcomes guests and presents motivational speech.

[] Show slideshow.

[] Parent presents diploma.

[] If multiple graduates, show slideshow, allow parent to present diploma, do this for each graduate.

[] Speaker thanks guests for coming and invites them to celebrate with family and friends in the fellowship hall and presents the Class of 2022.

[] Enjoy your celebration!

AFTER GRADUATION

[] Mail thank you cards.

The high school graduation ceremony is for presenting the high school diploma. To help you put your own presentation speech together, I would like to share what I said to my oldest when she graduated with the Class of 2019 – When you were born, graduation day seemed a million moons away. I look at you now and see a beautiful, confident, young woman ready for the adventures that await; but I also see my little girl. As I look back over these seventeen years, words cannot express the pride and love in my heart. I recall our bedtime stories and now I see your love for reading, whether it’s curling up with a good book or volunteering at the Kountze Public Library. I recall the days you loved to dress up in your princess clothes and even now you still love dressing up, whether its for prom or a dance performance. I recall your curiosity and love for learning, in fact, you started Kindergarten at age 4 because you kept asking to do school and now I see your academic accomplishments as you graduate with a 4.0 grade point average and you still have a love for learning because you are eager to attending Lamar University for a Bachelor of Science in Theatre and Dance. You are my beautiful ballerina; but your beauty goes much deeper, you have a heart to serve the Lord, and I pray that you will continue to acknowledge Him in all your ways. Our homeschool journey has been a blessing and today we are reaping what we’ve sown for the past 13 years. I pray that you will continue to seek Him first, praise His name in the dance; but above all, whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. I am so thankful for these seventeen years. As you accept your diploma, remember your high school graduation marks the end of one chapter but there is so much more to your story yet to be written. I love you to the moon and back!

A high school graduation is worth celebrating with pomp and circumstance! You should feel proud of yourself and your graduating senior. Pause and cherish this moment! High school graduation should always be celebrated to recognize their hard-earned achievement!


No comments:

Post a Comment