Saturday, September 12, 2020

Mother's Embrace

 




A dear friend recently encouraged me to have a moment to myself in remembrance of my dear little one that was taken away a year ago. This prompted me to do something I had not done in several years, write a poem. After sharing it with my husband, he encouraged me to share it on Facebook because he thought it would minister to others who have had a miscarriage. I told him I do not feel ready to minister because I am still working through this grieving process; but then my pastor shared an article on Facebook that I read this morning and God's Word is telling me in 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ." So I share with you these words -

The world may never see
If a rosebud doesn't bloom
Just like a child
Held inside the womb.
Every life that ever forms
Or ever comes to be
Touches many hearts
For all eternity.

A year ago today
I held you in my womb
But after seven weeks
God called you to His home.
My joy turned into sorrow
As a part of me died
For I'd never felt such heartache
And I cried and cried.

I didn't get to hold you
In my arms this side of heaven
But I know there's coming a day
I will hold you in heaven.
Where my sorrow will turn into joy
As I see your precious face
And I hold you in my arms
Your mother's embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment