Sunday, July 12, 2020

Mrs. Clean



Have you ever seen a picture-perfect home and think “How on earth can my house ever look like Mrs. Clean?” There’s no way! This woman has got it all together. Let me stop you right there because this picture-perfect home may have a tidy living room, but a stack of dishes in the kitchen sink, or a closet full of odds-and-ends that needs cleaning. Things aren’t always what they seem. Don’t compare yourself to others. Throughout the years, I have searched for ways to help me keep a clean and tidy home; but it was the powerful truth of God’s Word that turned my home upside down, or should I say, right-side up. There are so many Scripture references about making a house a home.

Proverbs 14:1 “Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.” Proverbs 31:27 “She looketh to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.” I Timothy 5:14 “I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house…” Titus 2:4-5 “That they may teach the young women to be … keepers at home…”

So, how does a woman make a house a home? Scripture tells us to do our housework willingly (Proverbs 31:13) and heartily (Colossians 3:23). The attitude of the heart is key. When I realized I was on a mission to keep a clean home, I looked at our weekly schedule and created a cleaning checklist for housework that needed to be done daily, weekly, or even monthly.

Daily
·         Make beds
·         Wash dishes
·         Wipe kitchen sink, counter and stove top
·         Wipe bathroom sink, counter and toilet
·         Wash, dry, fold, and put away laundry

Weekly
·         Wipe door knobs
·         Dust
·         Wash mirrors and glass
·         Clean tubs/showers
·         Scrub toilets
·         Sweep/mop/vacuum floors
·         Wipe down kitchen appliances
·         Clean out refrigerator
·         Wash sheets

Monthly
·         Clean out freezer
·         Clean oven
·         Change air filter
·         Wash curtains

God calls each woman to make her house a home and He holds us accountable for the cleanliness of our home. I encourage you to look at your own schedule and create your very own cleaning checklist.

No comments:

Post a Comment