Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving

 


I read a church sign about a week ago that I has come to mind on several occasions while preparing for this day of thanksgiving. The sign read – Be thankful for who you have, not what you have. I have found myself driving down the road with tears in my eyes as I think about one person who is not here this year, my grandmother. Yes, I am thankful for the family and friends that the Lord has brought into my life; but this year, there is a sadness because my grandmother went to be with the Lord this year. So, this sign was a loving reminder to cherish the moments and to be thankful for who I have. Today, I want it to be known how thankful I am for my family.

David, you have stood by my side for 21 years. We’ve been through so much, since we first fell in love, and you have loved me through it all. Thank you for loving me, like Christ loves me, even when I do not deserve it. I appreciate you and all you do to take care of our family, even when I know you don’t like getting up at 4:30 in the morning for work, it is a labour of love.

Brieanna, you have grown up to be a beautiful young lady. I admire your courage to take a stand for your faith. I appreciate your hard work and dedication as you follow your heart pursing a degree in dance. God has given you a talent and I love watching my beautiful ballerina on stage. I love you to the moon and back.

Kaylee, you have brought so much joy to my life. You make me laugh (even if it takes me two seconds or two minutes to get the joke). I stand in awe of your artistic abilities as you put in long hours to create a masterpiece through drawing. You have a servant’s heart, not only for your family but others. It is a joy to watch you on the soccer field; but even more to see you share the love of the game with the boys you coach.

Isabelle, you have always amazed me. Through one health issue to the next, you remain brave and strong (stronger than me at times). I am so thankful the Lord has chosen me to take care of you. God made you unique and you are beautiful. My little girl is not so little, you are a young lady, dancing your way through this world.

This Thanksgiving Day, I pray that you will remember to be thankful for who you have and not what you have. Cherish your loved ones while they are here and let them know how much you love them and how much you appreciate them. 

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment