Sunday, October 4, 2020

Homeschooling with a Toddler

 

Throughout the years, I have been asked on many occasions, “How do you homeschool with a toddler?” When my girls were toddlers, I created a busy box. My girls thought they had to “do school” when their sister was doing school, so I created a quiet, yet educational busy box filled with learning resources and activities that would keep her busy while we were doing school. This busy box also came in handy for our hospital stays. Now you’re probably asking, “What did you include in this busy box?” Well, I included the following items in our busy box:

·         A Write & Wipe dry erase workbook for her to trace her letters, numbers, and shapes.

·         A Color Wonder mess-free coloring book with markers.

·         A couple board books or picture books.

·         A couple magnetic playsets.

·         A couple foam craft kits that she could peel and stick to make gifts for family or nursing staff.

·         A couple puzzles.

·         A Memory matching game.

·         A few building blocks because this would keep her busy for longer periods of time as she made her own creations and played quietly by herself.

By having this busy box, my daughter felt included during our school time. In fact, she would ask to do school because she enjoyed these activities. If you are homeschooling with a toddler, I encourage you to create your own busy box and share in the comments what items help keep your little one busy while you do school.

Happy Homeschooling!


No comments:

Post a Comment