Sunday, January 12, 2020

Love Like He Loved


How do you show you love Christ? It is so easy for many of us to say we love Christ; but how many of us put action to our words? I have pondered this thought all day. If Christ can love even the worst of sinners, then, I too, must love like He loved so that others may see Christ.


John 13:34-35 exhorts us “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye love one another.”


1 Corinthians 13: 4-17 defines love – “Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.”


Historians have noted that the ancient Greeks expressed three levels of love. Eros love – a “give me” kind of love; Philia love – a “give and take” kind of love; and Agape love – an “unconditional” kind of love. I am so glad that Christ loves me with an agape love. He loved me so much that he gave his life for mine.


To show the love of Christ, is to love unconditional – “I love you simply for who you are.” A life of love is a deliberate choice on our part. Our love in action will bring joy to our brothers and sisters in Christ; and even show nonbelievers that we are Christians not only in name but in deed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment