Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Homeschool Resolutions



I am not one to make new year resolutions; but when you consider the definition of the word resolution, I definitely have some homeschool resolutions.

1. I am determined to provide a Christ-centered curriculum that it also a customized curriculum for each child and their learning styles.

2. I am determined to have the flexibility with our homeschool routine and our homeschool curriculum. If we need to stop school to take care of a loved one, it’s okay, the school work will get done later. If we need to change curriculum because it is not a good fit for our family, it’s okay, the new curriculum will be completed in a timely manner.

3. I am determined to keep our four-day school schedule to allow my children time for co-op classes, extracurricular activities, and time to pursue their interests.

4. I am determined to build our family relationships. It is such a blessing to watch my children communicate as best friends.

5. I am determined to provide family field trips that correspond with topics of study.

6. I am determined to provide a homeschool library so my children can discover new things or simply read for pleasure.

7. I am determined to attend homeschool summits with homeschool curriculum expos. The summits provide positive, homeschool encouragement and support. The expo allows me to shop at a discount and get free shipping.

8. I am determined to plan our work, and work our plan. Plan the school year, plan the weekly menus, plan the family field trips, plan the doctor appointments – simply plan your everyday life.

9. I am determined to walk beside each child, to help them discover their God-given talents, and encourage them to use their talents for God’s glory.

10. I am determined to finish this course and see my Senior graduate this year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment