Sunday, April 8, 2018

Cherish the Moment



As I was driving home this evening, I was thinking about the weekend – musical theater, service scouts, grocery shopping, homeschool prom, two soccer games, and a ballet performance – yes, it was a very full weekend and yes, I am tired; but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heart beat. As I was thinking on these things, a song came to mind “Cherish the Moment” by Ron Hamilton. God knows how to reach my heart, through a song or piece of music. Sometimes we get so busy, making sure everything is picture perfect, that we fail to cherish the moment. Needless to say, as I was driving God spoke to me through these words –

Read my book, rub my back; Mommy listen to my prayer.

Let me sit in your lap. Daddy, fly me through the air.

Throw a ball, make a snack; Can we go to the park?

Tuck me in, hold me close; I’m afraid of the dark. 

 

Sing a song, play a game; Swing me high in the air.

Ride a bike, fly a kite; How I love the times we share.

Hold my hand, hug my neck; Daddy, bounce me on your knee.

Come and sit by my bed; Mommy, rock me to sleep.

 

Think ahead to a time When your little ones are grown;

Hold them tight, don’t lose sight Of the blessings you have known.

Think ahead to a time When your little boy’s a man

And you’d give anything Just to hold him again.

 

Chorus

Cherish the moment; Soon you’ll be apart.

Cling to the mem’ry; Clasp it to your heart.

Soon comes the day when you’ll have no child to hold,

So cherish, cherish the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment